Potassium Half-Cell Ion Selective Electrode (ISE) - HI4014
The HI4014 is a liquid membrane, half-cell potassium ion selective electrode (ISE) for the determination of potassium (K+) in solution. The PVC membrane comprised with organic ion exchanger produces a potential change due to the potassium ion exchange between the organic polymer membrane and the sample. The internal sensing elements are housed within a durable epoxy body. The HI4014 is ideal for a variety of applications in wine, agriculture, and water analysis.
- Liquid membrane sensor
- Detection from 0.039 to 39,100 mg/L K+
- For use with HI5315 reference half-cell
|moles/L (M) to ppm (mg/L)||39100|
|ppm (mg/L) to M (moles/L)||2.56 x 10-5|
Replaceable Sensing Modules
- Half-cell liquid membrane ISEs are electrodes that detect free ions in a solution. This type of ISE is designed to incorporate easy replacement of the sensing module.
Durable Epoxy Body
- The probe body of the potassium half-cell ISE is composed of durable epoxy resin.
- The HI4014 has a universal BNC connector for easy connection to any benchtop meter with a female BNC probe input.
Theory of OperationA liquid membrane ion selective electrode develops a voltage due to the ion exchange that occurs between the solution and the polymer membrane that contains organic ion exchange resin. When the ionic strength of the solution is fixed by the addition of ISA, the voltage is proportional to the concentration of free ions in solution.
|Type||polymer membrane; half cell|
|Measurement Range||1.0M to 1•10-6M 39100 to 0.039 mg/L (ppm)|
|Optimum pH Range||1.5 to 12.0|
|Temperature Range||0 to 40°C|
|Cable||1 m coaxial|
|Common Applications||determination of potassium ions in wine, waters, soils and biological samples|