pH Tester pHep®+ HI98108
The HI98108 pHep®+ pH tester provides high accuracy measurements in a rugged pocket-sized design. This ph tester features an exposed temperature sensor for automatic temperature compensated readings. The simple, two-button operation and large display makes it easy for anyone to test pH. Being lightweight and only 0.7" thick, the pHep®+ is extremely ergonomic and fits comfortably in your hand.
- Compact & waterproof design fits right in your pocket so you can take it anywhere.
- Cloth junction providing a larger surface area than a standard ceramic junction
- Calibration up to 3 points
The HI98108 pocket pH tester features a large multi-level LCD which displays both pH and temperature readings simultaneously. The pH readings are displayed with a 0.01 pH resolution and with an accuracy of ±0.10 pH. The pH range of the HI98108 is from 0.00 to 14.00 pH. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated pH measurements. Temperature can be set to display in ℃ or ℉. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available.
The pH electrode uses a unique reference cell design that utilizes an extractable cloth junction. A clogged junction will typically exhibit erratic readings that will not stabilize. Simply extracting a small portion of cloth from the meter will clear any clog by exposing a fresh, clean surface. The ability to clear any clogging will extend the life of the pH electrode.
Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode the pH electrode can be calibrated to 1, 2, or 3 points using the pre-programmed standard buffers (pH 4.01, 7.01,10.01). When the standard value is recognized and stability is reached, the meter automatically accepts and stores the calibration value.
Setup options include automatic shut off timing and temperature unit displayed. Automatic shut-off options are to turn the pH level tester off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
The large LCD displays pH, Temperature, Calibration buffer tags, battery level and instability indicator.
An exposed temperature sensor along with an extractable cloth junction ensures a fast and stable temperature compensated measurement.
Only two buttons for pH level tester operation. One for on/off and one for calibration.
Features and Benefits
Slim, Ergonomic Design
- With rounded edges and a case that is only 17 mm (0.7”) thick, the HI98108 is thin and fits comfortably in the hand or pocket.
Large Multi-level LCD
- The LCD is 29 mm (1.125”) x 20 mm (0.81”) allowing the user to easily read both the pH and temperature simultaneously.
- One for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.
Integrated Temperature Sensor
- Built-in temperature sensor allows for Temperature Compensated measurements. Temperature can be displayed in either oC or oF.
- Automatic calibration to one, two, or three points using standard buffers (pH 4.01, 7.01 and 10.01).
- A clock tag stability indicator will disappear to alert the user when the reading is stable.
- User-selectable time until meter shuts off to conserve battery life. Options are 8 min, 60 min or disabled.
Low Battery Indicator
- Low battery indicator that is displayed when less than 10% battery life is remaining.
Battery % Level at Startup
- At start-up, all the LCD segments are displayed for 1 second, then the percent indication of the remaining battery life is displayed.
|pH Ranges||0.00 to 14.00 pH|
|pH Resolution||0.01 pH|
|pH Accuracy (@25°C/77°F)||±0.2 pH|
|pH Calibration||automatic, at one, two, or three points with two sets of standard buffers (pH 4.01 / 7.01 / 10.01 or pH 4.01 / 6.86 / 9.18)|
|pH Temperature Compensation||automatic, 0 to 50 °C|
|Temperature Range||0.0 to 50.0 °C|
|Temperature Resolution||0.1 °C|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.5 °C|
|Automatic Shut-Off||8 minutes, 60 minutes, or can be disabled|
|Battery Type / Life||CR2032 3V Li-ion / approximately 1000 hours of continuous use|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH 100% max|
|Dimensions||160 x 40 x 17 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 0.7’’)|
|Weight||75 g (2.6 oz.)|
|Ordering Information||HI98108 (pHep+) is supplied with CR2032 battery, electrode cleaning solution sachet, pH 4.01 buffer solution sachet, pH 7.01 buffer solution sachet (2), storage/protection sleeve, instruction manual and quality certificate.|