Warranty and returns
Hanna products are manufactured in our ISO 9001:2008 facilities, meeting the highest quality standards in the industry. Hanna’s high standards also apply should a product be returned due to defects in material or workmanship.
To our private customers only
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, be it similar or not. You can return a product for up to 14 days from the date you purchased it.
Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it, in the original packaging and the closing seal must be unbroken. Please keep the receipt.
Warranted products may be returned for repair or replacement only at the discretion of Hanna. In some circumstances, the remedy may constitute a refund for the price paid for the product.
To initiate the warranty for your Hanna meter, please fill out the registration form you can find on our Hanna web site: hannaservice.eu/warranty-activation. Only upon submitting your form, your product will be covered under the following Hanna warranty plan.
The purchased Hanna product is warranted for 18 months against defects in workmanship and materials when used for their intended purpose and maintained according to instructions. All Hanna electrodes and testers are warranted for six months. This warranty is limited to repair or replacement.
Damage due to accidents, misuse, tampering or lack of prescribed maintenance is not covered.
If service is required, contact the dealer from whom you purchased the instrument. If under warranty, report the model number, date of purchase, serial number and nature of the problem. If the repair is not covered by the warranty, you will be notified of the charges incurred.
If the instrument is to be returned to Hanna Instruments (for warranty and non-warranty service, replacement, recalibration, and repairs), first obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number from the Customer Service department (firstname.lastname@example.org) and then send it with shipping costs prepaid. Any instrument not bearing an RGA number will be refused. All products returned for warranty repair or replacement MUST be preceded or accompanied with proof of purchase, such as the original invoice or packing list.
When shipping any instrument, make sure it is properly packed for complete protection. The sender is responsible for expediting any damage claims placed against the carrier.
Hanna Service d.o.o. (hereafter denominated Hanna Service or Hanna) only guarantees product conformity at the time of delivery, by the specifications listed on the accompanying documents and that the goods are free from production defects or materials pre-existing the sale. Hanna Service does not assure the suitability of the products for a specific purpose or a specific application unless this is expressly stated in the accompanying documentation of the products.
The warranty will be effective for the period specified in this document, in the terms and conditions specified herein. This warranty is EXCLUDED in the following cases:
- Use does not comply with the conditions of use described in the accompanying documentation of the products, or rather if used for purposes or applications other than those that may be indicated by Hanna Service
- Failure, insufficient, untimely or improper maintenance of products, including the regular replacement of proper supplies, by the instructions of the accompanying documentation of the products or any additional documentation provided by Hanna Service, including publications on its website
- Damage caused during transportation of the products, or which in any case are attributable to causes other than defective material or a manufacturing process. The buyer, in case of dispute by Hanna Service, will have the burden of proving the use of the Products in accordance with the conditions of use described in the accompanying documentation of the products, or for the purpose or applications that may be specified by Hanna Service, as listed below, as well as in relation to the carrying out of regular, complete, timely and appropriate maintenance of the products, including the regular replacement of appropriate supplies, in accordance with the instructions of the accompanying documentation of the products or the any additional documentation provided by Hanna Service, including publications on its website. Hanna Service is not required to perform warranty work on the products:
- for those components subject by their nature to wear in their use
- should there be visible evidence of tampering or if there are signs if interventions made by the buyer and/or by unauthorized personnel.
- should the damage be due to any other reason other than defects in workmanship or materials? Repairs carried out under warranty will be free.
Hanna Service offers its assistance and provides its assistance only on products sold directly by Hanna Service.
Terms and conditions for the application of the warranty
The buyer must declare, under penalty of forfeiture, any defects in the products covered by the warranty by written notice sent directly to:
Hanna Service d.o.o. – Sermin 75H – 6000 Koper (Slovenia)
within 8 (eight) days after discovery of the defect, enclosing a copy of the transport document, the invoice or accompanying document, clearly explaining the disputed defect. After this deadline, the exception will no longer be accepted. The buyer, in case of dispute by Hanna Service d.o.o., will have the burden of proving the timeliness of the complaint with the date of the actual discovery of the defects.
In the case of production defects (faults) and/or materials pre-existing the moment of sale, the buyer will:
- denounce any defects in writing as indicated above
- obtain a return number (RGA) from Hanna Service with permission to return the products
- bear the cost of shipping and customs clearance of the RGA
Hanna Service will conduct technical verification of the instruments received with the RGA. If the disputed defects are found, under its discretion Hanna Service may proceed and repair or replace the instruments.
Hanna Service will return the instrument to the buyer at its charge.
Hanna Service will guarantee goods only if the previous 5 points are respected and exclusively if the goods are returned to Hanna Service in their original packaging, intact, and with no stickers or labels other than the original ones.
Limits to compensation for damages
Even in the case of defects covered by the warranty, Hanna Service’s responsibility will be limited to the obligation to repair the product or replace the Product, and at Hanna Service’s option, refund the purchase price to the Buyer for the defective product.
Hanna Service is therefore not liable for any damage endured by the buyer or any third party, such as, but not limited to, damages experienced by the purchaser or any third party for the consequences arising from the use of the products, direct and indirect damage to property, such as but not limited to, downtime, damage to products and property of the Buyer and/or third parties, costs of servicing and routine and extraordinary maintenance and repairs.